Create a small button or beret shape from parisisal straw. Learn blocking techniques and how to wire and finish the base shape. You will create a trim from the leftover straw and learn how to wire and create a quality edge using a starbright braid.
What will I be learning from this project?
• How to block a small shape in parisisal straw
• How to finish a blocked beret shape with wire and petersham ribbon
• How to use wire to support shaped trims
• How to finish a straw edge with a braid
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
Materials (can be purchased at the Materials Market)
• 1 x Parisisal Cone
• 0.5m x sinamay matching the colour of the cone
• 0.7m x 25mm Petersham matching the colour of the cone
• 3m x 9mm Starbright braid (or similar) – will form the finished edge of trim tonal or matching to the cone is best
• 1m x Millinery Wire 19 Gauge (approx. 1,2-1,3mm, Standard firm)
• 3m x Paper or cotton Covered wire (thiner and softer than the 19 gauge)
• 0.6m x Millinery Elastic
• Thread matching to cone and braid
• Wide tip marker matching the colour of the cone
• 1 x metal comb 45mm
• Small cocktail-size beret/button block (please let us know in the form if you will require to borrow one, as there is limited availability)
• Blocking pins
• Water spray
• Stiffening brush
• Wire cutters
• Straw needle
1st part: 10:00-13:00
2nd part: 14:00-19:00
The teacher speaks English (there might be an interpreter to Spanish present if needed).
Price includes VAT. If you require an invoice let us know the invoicing details on the form below.
Bookings closed for this event