The Museu del Disseny de Barcelona, is a center for Barcelona’s Institute of Culture, which works to promote better understanding and good use of the design world, acting as a museum and laboratory. It focuses on 4 branches or design disciplines: space design, product design, information design and fashion.
For the 2023 Barcelona Hat Days, the Museu del Disseny will host some of the workshops, and will open their archives in order to show the amazing hats in their collection.
Its documentation center has an extensive collection of fashion and millinery books that can be browsed Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 am to 8 pm, and Thursday from 3 pm to 8 pm (a card is only needed for book withdrawal).
- Visit (Tuesday) Barcelona's Design Museum hat archives with curator Silvia Ventosa - 11/04/2023 - 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm
- Learn how to make a silk buttercup (ranunculus) for your hat with Beatriz Natmar - 11/04/2023 - 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Crinoline for absolute beginners with Denise Innes-Spencer - 11/04/2023 - 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Make spectacular lycra swirl trimmings with Vlad Straticiuc - 12/04/2023 - 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Visit (Wednesday) Barcelona's Design Museum hat archives with curator Silvia Ventosa - 12/04/2023 - 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm
- Crin Sealing: Skills for making a simple crinoline crown bandeau base and crown shape - 12/04/2023 - 1:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- "Hats in the museum" talk by Montserrat Xirau - heritage curator and restorer - 12/04/2023 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Create weird and wonderful shapes using heat pleated crinoline - 13/04/2023 - 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Burnt Feathers with Jan Wutkowski - 13/04/2023 - 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Make a Birdcage Veil with Lauren Ritchie - 13/04/2023 - 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Create a crown of flower stamens with Sylvia Martínez - 14/04/2023 - 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Handmade Felt Flower Tiaras Workshop with Lanbroa Sombreros - 14/04/2023 - 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Making wired framed brims using crinoline tube and lightweight fabrics with Denise Innes-Spencer - 15/04/2023 - 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Sinamay Turbans with Juana Nicolas - 15/04/2023 - 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm