Create weird and wonderful shapes using heat pleated crinoline (horizontal, vertical and diagonal pleated styles). Seal ends of the crinoline to create a neat finish. Denise will teach you how to form the crin into shapes, structures or hats and headdresses. Learn how to make your structure seem as if it floats above the head and how to stop it from wobbling.
Skills Workshop: Samples made in class and working with the fabrics
Level: You must have experience of sewing, wiring and blocking methods Intermediate/advanced.
You will learn how to:
• Form a shape using one of the pleated crinoline fabrics
• Measure a wire to fit an unusual shape
• Seal crinoline ends to make neat finishes
• Sew the crinoline to the wires
• Turn your own ideas into unique constructions
Denise is generous with her knowledge and encourages open discussion in the class.
You will receive handouts and photos of the examples, details of suppliers and other options, and an unparalleled experience.
Denise Innes-Spencer: Course tutor, Denise Innes-Spencer is the founder and creative director of The British School of Millinery. Author of ‘Tiara Headdresses’ and writer at large for The Hat Magazine. She has worked for top bridalwear designers Suzanne Neville, Tracy Connup, Jayne Boulton and Ben De Lisi. Denise is a dexterity skills tutor for the Brain Charity Liverpool and a regular visiting lecturer for Liverpool John Moores University. Denise is well equipped to take you through the intricate ways of making delicate beautiful designs with this versatile fabric.
Tools YOU need to bring (marked * are essential):
- *Breathable mask, ‘N95’ is the one Denise uses, for mild fumes and it’s a disposable one. It should have a small filter on the front. Purchased from any DIY store. It’s 8,99€ for 3 at Leroy Merlin in Barcelona (You cannot participate without your own mask)
- Wire cutters
- Size 6&7 needles
- Tape measure
- Chalk pencil
- Glass headed pins long and short
1st part: 9:30 to 13:30
lunch break from 13:30 to 15:00
2nd part: 15:00-17:00
Minimum to run: 4 students (course could be cancelled if minimum is not achieved)
Maximum to run: 10 students
Réservations fermées pour cet événement